The European Commission published the recast of the Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC. The new Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EU was published following Decision 768/2008/EU of the European Commission and will enter formally into force on April 2016 which is the ultimate date for the Member States to have amended their national legislation in accordance with the new Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU.The new Low Voltage Directive fits within the new legislative framework package to align the new CE legislative framework.
What changes will the new Low Voltage Directive bring?
The main clarifications and changes are:
- The working scope will be widened to include the protection of health, people, animals and property. It will cover all risks arising from the use of electrical equipment, not just electrical ones but also mechanical or chemical in nature, or risks to health caused by noise, vibrations, or ergonomic factors.
- The conformity documentation must now also consist of a risk analysis.
- The manufacturer will have the responsibility to keep the relevant conformity documentation and the Declaration of Conformity for 10 years.
- The EU Declaration of Conformity must be translated into the language(s) required by the Member State(s) were the product is sold.
- The conformity assessment procedure will consist of an internal production control.
The Regulatory Compliance Experts of Certification Company can ensure your organisation is well prepared for the new Low Voltage Directive. Our experts can ensure:
- The complete (new) conformity assessments for all electrical products within the scope of the Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU;
- Carry out a risk analysis in accordance with the new requirements;
- Compile or verify the EU Declaration of Conformity;
- Provide practival training and courses to you and your personnel regarding the new Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU.
Do you require more information? Contact us!